Saving on Energy Bills!
Adding savings to our Owners and comfort to our Guests.
Save on Energy Bills and Bulb Replacement
What are we doing?
Casiola will be replacing all regular light bulbs in your vacation home with high-efficiency light-emitting diode (LED) bulbs to bring energy and replacement costs down.
We will not be replacing all light bulbs at once. Casiola will add a box of eight LED bulbs to your home. We will use these light bulbs to replace any burned out light bulbs during each inspection. Once the eight bulbs are used, we will add another box and add the cost to your statement.
We will start in June, and the project will take several months depending on how fast old light bulbs burn out. Working the new bulbs in gradually will spread the cost out for you.
- Energy savings
- Replacing the five most used lighting sources with Energy Star rated LED bulbs will save you about $75 a year in energy costs.
- LED is a highly energy efficient lighting technology. It uses about 75 percent less energy and lasts up to 25 times longer than incandescent lighting.
- The LED bulbs are also cooler burning so they don’t heat a room the way incandescent bulbs do. Incandescent bulbs release up to 90 percent of their energy as heat! This will save on your air conditioning costs too.
- Better guest experience
- Although we inspect every unit before your guest checks in, a light bulb is often already burned out by the time your guest arrives. These longer-lasting bulbs will result in fewer maintenance calls. (and annoyed guests!)
- LEDs are also sturdier. They don’t suffer from accidental breakage as easily. So, the toddler running around the lamp has less chance of causing a disaster.
- More efficient operations
Our maintenance and property inspection team can focus more on other aspects of the unit during their inspection instead of replacing light bulbs as often.